Fly Tying and Fishing Designs
For Designs Colucci, I bring a passion, vision, and even a sense of spirituality for fishing and aquatic life and scenery. We are about interacting with and protecting the natural environment with the objective of achieving sustainable fisheries.
Designs Colucci supports the principal of sustainable commercial and recreational freshwater and sea fisheries.
We are about interacting with and protecting the natural environment with the objective of achieving Sustainable Fisheries.
Designs Colucci supports the principal of sustainable commercial and recreational freshwater and sea fisheries. We recognize that the sustainability of fisheries often requires burdensome policies and regulations, especially for the commercial fisherman. Beyond the short term however, no one benefits from the destruction of a fishery. All of us must be concerned and vigilant about the state of our fisheries and do our part. To contribute to the sustainability of either a commercial or non-commercial fishery, the recreational fisherman can practice the following:
- Be aware of and observe the regulations governing the species of fish you are pursuing.
- Catch and release what you do not eat.
- Minimize handling your catch if you intend to release it; use an appropriate landing net.
- Avoid lures with treble hooks or replace the treble hooks with single ones.
- Use barbless hooks or file down the barbs of hooks.